INFECTION, PREVENTION AND CONTROL (IPC) Training
Infection Prevention and control (IPC) is an approach utilized in the healthcare set ups and a practical solution designed to prevent harm caused by infection to patients and healthcare workers. It is significantly important in infectious diseases, epidemiology, social science and health system strengthening. IPC occupies a unique position in the field of patient safety and quality universal health coverage since it is relevant to health workers and patients at every single health-care encounter.
What Will I Learn?
- Knowledge and skills to prevent transmission of COVID-19 and other infectious diseases.
- Knowledge and skills on management and control of COVID-19 and other infectious diseases.
- Planning and conducting COVID-19 surveillance.
- Knowledge and skills on rational use of PPE.
- Description on how to set-up and manage quarantine and isolation facilities.
- Conducting healthcare worker risk assessment.